Baked Mashed Potatoes with Parmesan Cheese and Bread Crumbs
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter plus 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter melted
- 4 pound(s) russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup(s) whole milk at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cup(s) mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup(s) parmesan cheese freshly grated
- pinch(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 2 tablespoon(s) plain dried bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter and set aside.
- Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water until they are very tender, about 15 minutes. Drain; return the potatoes to the same pot and mash well. Mix in the milk and melted butter. Mix in the mozzarella and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Transfer the potatoes to the prepared baking dish. Stir the bread crumbs and remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan in a small bowl to blend. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the mashed potatoes. Recipe can be prepared up to this point 6 hours ahead of time; cover and chill.
- Bake, uncovered, until the topping is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by WMB0109 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note