Baked Mashed Potatoes with Parmesan Cheese and Bread Crumbs
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter plus 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter melted
- 4 pound(s) russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup(s) whole milk at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cup(s) mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup(s) parmesan cheese freshly grated
- pinch(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 2 tablespoon(s) plain dried bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter and set aside.
- Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water until they are very tender, about 15 minutes. Drain; return the potatoes to the same pot and mash well. Mix in the milk and melted butter. Mix in the mozzarella and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Transfer the potatoes to the prepared baking dish. Stir the bread crumbs and remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan in a small bowl to blend. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the mashed potatoes. Recipe can be prepared up to this point 6 hours ahead of time; cover and chill.
- Bake, uncovered, until the topping is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by WMB0109 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note