Baked Macaroni and Cheese
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1 (8-oz.) package large elbow macaroni
- 16 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-oz.) block extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10-oz.) block sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups milk
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- 2. Layer one-third each of pasta, crackers, pepper, salt, and cheeses into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Repeat layers twice.
- 3. Whisk together eggs and milk; pour over pasta mixture.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 55 to 60 minutes or until golden and set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Kraft Cracker Barrel cheeses.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note