I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S THE BEST MAC AND CHEESE I'VE EVER HAD. WHEN I MAKE IT MY COMPANY ALWAYS RAVES.
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
This recipe is especially appealing to children.
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 16 ounces uncooked large elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) container small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook 1 minute, whisking constantly. Gradually whisk in milk; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in 2 cups Cheddar cheese and next 3 ingredients. Stir in pasta.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top with remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Combine breadcrumbs and Greek seasoning; sprinkle over cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes