I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S THE BEST MAC AND CHEESE I'VE EVER HAD. WHEN I MAKE IT MY COMPANY ALWAYS RAVES.
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
If your kids love mac 'n' cheese, skip the boxed stuff and whip up this baked macaroni and cheese dish that's the ultimate in home-cooked comfort food.
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 16 ounces uncooked large elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) container small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook 1 minute, whisking constantly. Gradually whisk in milk; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in 2 cups Cheddar cheese and next 3 ingredients. Stir in pasta.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top with remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Combine breadcrumbs and Greek seasoning; sprinkle over cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note