- 16 ounces uncooked large elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) container small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook 1 minute, whisking constantly. Gradually whisk in milk; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in 2 cups Cheddar cheese and next 3 ingredients. Stir in pasta.
Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top with remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Combine breadcrumbs and Greek seasoning; sprinkle over cheese.
Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.