my family absolutely love this recipe it is delicious the best Thin, not going to ever make anyother I'm going to use it for all of my holidays thank you guys so much
Baked Mac and Cheese
This baked macaroni and cheese casserole contains three different types of cheeses and a topping of crisp breadcrumbs. This dish has plenty of protein for a meat-free main dish.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 329
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 19.1g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 455mg
- Calcium: 275mg
- 3 cups (12 ounces) uncooked penne (tube-shaped pasta)
- 1 (12-ounce) carton 2% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; place in a large bowl.
- 3. Place cottage cheese in a food processor; process until smooth. Combine cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Add the cheese mixture to pasta, and stir well. Spoon mixture into an 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 4. Combine remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan, panko, and parsley in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over pasta mixture. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- 5. Preheat broiler (do not remove dish from the oven).
- 6. Broil pasta 1 minute or until top browns.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note