Really good dish. My husband especially loved it, but my kids (3 and 6) ate it well, too.
Baked Linguine with Meat Sauce
Take this casserole version of spaghetti and meat sauce to your next potluck supper and win rave reviews. The layer of sour cream and cream cheese between the pasta and the meat sauce makes the whole dish rich and creamy and hard to resist.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Cook beef and garlic in a Dutch oven, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Stir in tomatoes and next 4 ingredients; simmer 30 minutes. Set mixture aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Place pasta in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Stir together sour cream, cream cheese, and green onions. Spread over pasta. Top with meat sauce.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with a salad and bread, if desired.
- Note: To lighten dish, use no-salt-added tomato products, light sour cream, light cream cheese, and reduced-fat Cheddr cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note