very cheesy. not real good tomato flavor, very rich. would not make again
Baked Linguine with Meat Sauce
More From Southern Living
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Cook beef and garlic in a Dutch oven, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Stir in tomatoes and next 4 ingredients; simmer 30 minutes. Set mixture aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Place pasta in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Stir together sour cream, cream cheese, and green onions. Spread over pasta. Top with meat sauce.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with a salad and bread, if desired.
- Note: To lighten dish, use no-salt-added tomato products, light sour cream, light cream cheese, and reduced-fat Cheddr cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes