I was good and tender, but needed more flavor
Baked Lime Chicken
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) +1-1/2 tbsp. lime juice, divided
- 1/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) cilantro chopped
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup(s) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 1. Combine, 1.4 cup lime juice, live oil, sugar and cilantro in a bowl and whisk to make a marinade. Put the marinade in large plastic resealable bag and add chicken breasts. Marinate in refridgerator for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake the chicken breasts for 20-25 minutes in the oven, turning once.
- 3. While chicken is baking, bring the chicken broth to a boil in a small saucepan on top of the stove. Add remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice and water. Cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
- 4. When chicken is cooked through, turn oven to broil and cook chicken for 1-2 min. until crispy on outside.
- 5. Pour one teaspoon of sauce on top of each breast and serve.
- Nutrients per serving: 261 calories, 31 g protein, 19g carbs, 1g dietary fiber, 8 g fat (2 saturated), 82mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DBMAMA and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note