Baked Lemon Pudding
More From Southern Living
Bake: 45 Minutes
Chill: 1 Hour
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream
- Garnish: grated lemon zest, fresh blueberries
- Beat egg yolks at medium speed with an electric mixer until thick and pale; add lemon rind and next 3 ingredients, beating well.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and next 3 ingredients; add to lemon mixture, beating until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, and beat until blended. Fold into lemon mixture. Pour into a greased 2-quart baking dish. Place baking dish in a large shallow pan. Add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or just until center is set. Remove baking dish from water bath; cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Top with whipped cream, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note