Baked Lemon Pudding
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Beat egg yolks at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy and lemon colored; add lemon rind and next 3 ingredients, beating well.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and next 3 ingredients; add to lemon mixture, mixing until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; add remaining 1/2 cup sugar and fold into lemon mixture. Pour into a greased 2-quart baking dish. Place dish in a large shallow pan. Add hot water to pan to a depth of one-third up sides of dish.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or just until center is set. Remove dish from water bath; cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Gwen Korkolis
- 12751 Hunterbrook Drive
- Woodbridge, VA 22192
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note