Baked Lemon-Dill Catfish
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) catfish fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- Stir together mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Place half of mayonnaise mixture in another small bowl to serve with fish; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Rinse fillets, and pat dry with paper towels. Brush fillets evenly with remaining half of mayonnaise mixture; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Dredge fillets in breadcrumbs. Arrange fillets on a lightly greased rack in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork and is opaque throughout. Serve immediately with chilled mayonnaise mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes