Baked Lemon Chicken
- 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 4 lemon slices
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- • In a shallow bowl, combine flour and pepper; dredge the chicken. Set remaining flour mixture aside. In a skillet, brown chicken in oil; transfer to an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish.
- • In a saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add reserved flour mixture; stir to form a thick paste. Gradually add broth, lemon juice, basil and thyme; mix well. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over the chicken. Top each half with a lemon slice. Sprinkle parsley. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the juices run clear. Serve over rice if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note