- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 4 ( 1-inch-thick) lamb loin chops
- Spiced peaches (optional)
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
How to Make It
Sauté breadcrumbs and onion in butter in a small skillet over medium heat until onion is tender. Remove from heat, and add Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper; stir well. Set aside.
Slice eggs in half lengthwise, and carefully remove yolks. Press yolks through a sieve; finely chop whites. Add yolks and whites to stuffing mixture; stir well.
Place 1 tablespoon stuffing mixture on each chop. Place a 4- x 4-inch square of aluminum foil over stuffing. Turn chops over, and repeat procedure. Tightly wrap each chop in aluminum foil.
Place chops in a 13- x 9- x 2- inch baking pan. Bake at 375° for 1 hour. Unwrap chops, and place on a warm serving platter. Garnish with spiced peaches and parsley sprigs, if desired.