Baked Kentucky Ham
Yield: about 30 servings
- 1 (14- to 15-pound) country ham
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- Commercial beaten biscuits
- Scrub ham thoroughly with a stiff brush. Place ham in a very large container; cover with water. Add vinegar and 1 cup brown sugar. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and cook 3 hours and 20 minutes.
- Allow ham to cool in cooking liquid. Remove ham from liquid; remove skin. Place ham, fat side up, on a cutting board; score fat in a diamond design.
- Place ham in a shallow roasting pan. Combine dark brown sugar, cornmeal, and mustard; pat over surface of ham, coating well. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until glaze is melted. Cover and chill in refrigerator overnight. Cut into paper thin slices. Serve with beaten biscuits.
- Note: Leftover ham may be refrigerated for later use.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes