This is an incredible way to serve oysters. My family loved them and has asked for them every Thanksgiving!
Baked Italian Oysters
Randy Mayor; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
This hot appetizer is served on the half shell for an elegant presentation. The ground red pepper lends a subtle heat to the breadcrumb topping.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 3 oysters)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 76
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 5.4g
- Carbohydrate: 7.7g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 234mg
- Calcium: 77mg
- 1 1/2 (1-ounce) slices white bread
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 24 oysters on the half shell
- 8 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place bread in a food processor, and pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form to measure 3/4 cup.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add onions, parsley, and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in fresh breadcrumbs, Italian breadcrumbs, and the next 4 ingredients (Italian breadcrumbs through black pepper). Place oysters on a jelly roll pan. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly over oysters.
- Bake the oysters at 450° for 7 minutes or until the edges of the oysters curl. Serve with lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers