Maybe a little healthier than fried! From Cookstr
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2/3 cup(s) Yellow corn meal
- •2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- •1⁄3 cup all purpose flour
- •1 teaspoon baking powder
- •¾ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (I added this after I made them the 1st time)
- •1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- •½ cup finely chopped onion
- •1⁄3 cup milk
- •2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- •2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Lightly grease the cups of a 24-cup mini muffin pan or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
- 3. In a separate bowl, mix together the onion, milk, eggs, and butter. Fold the egg mixture into the flour mixture until the flour mixture is just moistened.
- 4. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the batter into each of the prepared mini muffin cups. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the hush puppies are firm to the touch and golden brown around the edges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EleanorCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Hushpuppies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers