Baked Honey Chicken
Yield: 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 218
- Fat: 6.7g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Sodium: 422mg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (3-pound) whole chicken, skinned
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Garnishes: gourmet salad greens, lemon slices
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add chicken. Seal and chill 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Coat a rack in a roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Remove chicken from marinade, and place, breast side up, on rack. Pour marinade over chicken. Tuck wings under.
- Bake, covered with aluminum foil, at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; coat chicken with cooking spray, and sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, 45 more minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into chicken thigh registers 180°, basting occasionally. Remove from oven, and let stand 15 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes