I cooked the sauce into the fish.. It was grrreat!
Baked Herbed Fish Fillets
Because this fish entree is baked and not pan-fried, Baked Herbed Fish Fillets are naturally low in calories but high in nutrients like protein. Pair with brown rice and steamed veggies to round out the meal.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 216
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 1g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 96mg
- Sodium: 502mg
- 4 white fish fillets such as flounder, fluke or pollack (about 1 1/4 lb. total)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Butter bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange fish in dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper and dot with 1/2 Tbsp. butter. Bake until fish becomes opaque and tender when pierced with tip of a paring knife, about 10 minutes.
- 2. While fish is baking, melt remaining 3 Tbsp. butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice, capers and tarragon, then drizzle sauce over fish and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note