I cooked the sauce into the fish.. It was grrreat!
Baked Herbed Fish Fillets
Because this fish entree is baked and not pan-fried, Baked Herbed Fish Fillets are naturally low in calories but high in nutrients like protein. Pair with brown rice and steamed veggies to round out the meal.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 216
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 1g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 96mg
- Sodium: 502mg
- 4 white fish fillets such as flounder, fluke or pollack (about 1 1/4 lb. total)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Butter bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange fish in dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper and dot with 1/2 Tbsp. butter. Bake until fish becomes opaque and tender when pierced with tip of a paring knife, about 10 minutes.
- 2. While fish is baking, melt remaining 3 Tbsp. butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice, capers and tarragon, then drizzle sauce over fish and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes