Baked Herb Zucchini
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/3 cup(s) uncooked Jasmine rice
- 2/3 cup(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pound(s) zucchini and other summer squash
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced green onions
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) basil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1 1/2 cup(s) seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) medium cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine the rice and water in a small pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for approximately 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the garlic, onions and squash for about 5 minutes or until almost tender. Season with the spices and mix in the tomatoes and cooked rice. Continue to cook and stir just until heated through. Transfer to a 1 1/2 - 2 quart casserole dish and top with the cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note