- 4 medium-size sweet potatoes
- 1 ( 1-inch-thick) center-cut, fully cooked ham slice, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple slices, undrained
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
How to Make It
Place sweet potatoes with water to cover in a small Dutch oven. Boil 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Cool and remove peel. Set potatoes aside.
Brown both sides of ham in a large skillet over medium heat. Place ham in a shallow roasting pan. Arrange sweet potatoes around ham. Cut pineapple slices in half; arrange around ham, reserving pineapple juice.
Combine pineapple juice and syrup; pour over ham. Dot with butter, and sprinkle with nutmeg. Cover with aluminum foil; bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; continue baking 30 minutes, basting occasionally with pan juices. Serve ham with potatoes and pineapple.