Baked Ham With Sauce
- 1 (18- to 20-pound) fully cooked ham
- 15 to 17 whole cloves
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can beef consommé
- 1 (16-ounce) jar apple butter
- 1 1/2 cups sherry
- 1 cup raisins
- Place ham in a large stockpot with water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 3 hours. Remove ham from cooking liquid; reserve 1 quart of cooking liquid. Remove outer layer of skin from ham.
- Place ham in a large roasting pan. Score fat in a diamond pattern, and stud with cloves. Set ham aside.
- Combine reserved 1 quart cooking liquid, beef consommé, apple butter, sherry, and raisins in a large mixing bowl, stirring well. Pour sauce over ham. Bake ham, uncovered, at 350° for 1 1/2 hours or until golden brown, basting frequently with sauce.
- Transfer ham to a serving platter; cool slightly. Cut ham into slices, and serve with remaining sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes