Baked Ham With Raisin Sauce
In this up-dated recipe, cola takes the place of the cider or water often called for in early recipes.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- 1 (6 1/2- to 7-pound) uncooked ham
- Whole cloves
- 1 quart cola-flavored carbonated beverage
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- Raisin Sauce
- Score fat on ham in a diamond design; stud with whole cloves. Place ham, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Pour cola over ham, and sprinkle with ground cloves and pepper.
- Bake ham, uncovered, at 325° for 3 to 3 1/2 hours, basting frequently. Remove ham from roaster, discarding pan drippings. Cool ham thoroughly; slice and serve with Raisin Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes