Absolutely the best baked ham I have ever made.
Baked Ham with Bourbon Glaze
When your stovetop is full, turn to this top-rated recipe for a microwave-friendly molasses-and-honey glaze. Reserve the drippings and cook them in a saucepan just before serving for a delicious bourbon ham sauce.
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 (6- to 8-pound) smoked ham half
- Garnish: fresh herb sprigs
- Microwave honey and molasses in a 1-quart microwave-safe dish at HIGH 1 minute; whisk to blend. Whisk in bourbon, orange juice, and mustard.
- Remove skin and excess fat from ham, and place ham in a roasting pan.
- Bake at 325° on lower oven rack for 1 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 140°, basting occasionally with honey mixture.
- Bring drippings and remaining glaze to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat, and serve with sliced ham. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note