- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1 (1-pound) haddock fillet, divided into 4 equal portions
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- Lemon wedges
How to Make It
Combine milk and salt in a small shallow bowl; stir until salt dissolves. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, and thyme in a small mixing bowl, stirring until well blended. Dip fish in milk mixture, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
Place fish in a buttered 8-inch square baking pan. Pour butter evenly over each portion, and sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Transfer fish to a warm serving platter, and garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon wedges. Serve immediately.