I made this recipe as an unexperienced cook and it was very easy to make and delicious. I made this with some yellow rice and some corn on the side. All 5 people that ate loved it, had seconds, and requested I make it another time. I did have to leave it in the over another 10 minutes after the last 15 to make sure it was golden brown.
Baked Guava Chicken
- 1 (12-ounce) jar guava jam or jelly
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon Hawaiian salt or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds chicken drumettes
- Combine guava jam, lemon juice, soy sauce, allspice, salt, and pepper in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until jam melts and mixture is blended.
- Stir together water and cornstarch; stir into guava mixture. Bring to a boil, and boil 1 minute until thickened. Remove from heat, and cool.
- Place chicken in a large zip-top bag; pour 1/4 cup sauce over chicken, tossing to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour or overnight.
- Place chicken in a large roasting pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes; drain liquid.
- Pour remaining sauce over chicken. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This