- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups toasted bread cubes
- 1/2 cup commercial sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup chopped lemon pulp
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (4-pound) grouper fillet, cut with 2 pockets
- Lemon twists
How to Make It
Sauté chopped celery and onion in 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet until tender; remove from heat. Add toasted bread cubes, sour cream, lemon rind, lemon pulp, paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, stirring well.
Sprinkle fish with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; stuff pockets of fish with lemon mixture, and place fish in a shallow baking pan. Brush surface of fish with remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Transfer fish to a warm serving platter, and garnish with lemon twists. Serve immediately.