Baked Green Peas
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 cups shelled fresh green peas, cooked (about 4 pounds unshelled)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Combine chopped bacon, peas, whipping cream, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; stir well. Spoon mixture into a greased 2-quart casserole.
- Combine breadcrumbs, butter, and remaining salt and pepper; toss lightly. Sprinkle breadcrumbs evenly over peas. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Garnish with crumbled bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note