Baked Goat Cheese Salad
Photo: Tina Evans; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
"Goat cheese releases more flavor when it's warm and creamy," says Paula Lambert, founder of Mozzarella Company in Dallas.
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 (11-ounce) log fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 bunch watercress, trimmed
- 1/2 head Bibb lettuce, torn
- 1 small head radicchio, torn
- Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; remove from heat, and cool.
- Cut cheese log into 8 rounds, and place rounds on a plate; drizzle with oil mixture. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Pour oil from cheese into a bowl; discard herbs. Refrigerate cheese rounds 15 minutes or until firm.
- Add mustard and next 3 ingredients to oil, stirring with a whisk.
- Coat cheese with breadcrumbs; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes; set aside.
- Combine greens in a bowl; drizzle with oil mixture, tossing to coat. Place on plates; top each with 2 cheese rounds. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This