My SIL made this for an appetizer last night and it is now one of my favorites. I'm going to make it for a Christmas Day snack for my guests. I think a drizzle of balsamic vinegar over the top would be delish!
Baked Goat Cheese Dip
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can petite-diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (4-oz.) goat cheese logs, softened
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- Assorted cut vegetables and bread cubes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Sauté onion in hot oil in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and next 3 ingredients, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in diced and sun-dried tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until very thick. Remove from heat, and stir in basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. Stir together goat cheese and cream cheese until well blended. Spread into a lightly greased 9-inch shallow ovenproof dish. Top with tomato mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 15 to 18 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with assorted vegetables and bread cubes.
- Make ahead: Prepare recipe as directed through Step 2. Cover and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Bake as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers