Made for book club and it was a big hit. Large portion - easily divided for freezing.
Baked Goat Cheese Dip
Bake a mixture of goat cheese and cream cheese and top with a spicy tomato mixture for a warm dip that’s great for entertaining. You can assemble this dip ahead and freeze for up to 1 month.
More From Southern Living
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can petite-diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (4-oz.) goat cheese logs, softened
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- Assorted cut vegetables and bread cubes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Sauté onion in hot oil in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and next 3 ingredients, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in diced and sun-dried tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until very thick. Remove from heat, and stir in basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. Stir together goat cheese and cream cheese until well blended. Spread into a lightly greased 9-inch shallow ovenproof dish. Top with tomato mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 15 to 18 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with assorted vegetables and bread cubes.
- Make ahead: Prepare recipe as directed through Step 2. Cover and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Bake as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note