Baked Glazed Ham
By preparing this ham at the beginning of the month, you'll have enough left over to use in two casserole recipes and two sandwich recipes.
Yield: 16 servings
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (8-pound) smoked fully cooked ham half, trimmed
- 1 (12-ounce) can cola soft drink
- 1 (8-ounce) jar plum or apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Combine first 6 ingredients. Score fat on ham in a diamond pattern. Sprinkle ham with sugar mixture, and place in a lightly greased shallow roasting pan. Pour cola into pan.
- Bake, covered, at 325° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes.
- Stir together preserves and orange juice. Spoon 3/4 cup glaze over ham, and bake 15 more minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 140°. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining glaze.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes