Baked Fudge Cups with Orange Cream
Somewhere between rich chocolate pudding and decadent fudge pie is the best way to describe this dessert. It's gooey, and the Orange Cream is just the light contrast needed.
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Orange Cream
- Garnish: orange zest
- Combine first 3 ingredients. Add eggs; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add butter and vanilla, beating well. Stir in pecans.
- Spoon mixture into 8 greased 6-ounce custard cups or ramekins (see Note). Place cups in a large roasting pan; add hot water to pan to depth of 1". Cover pan with aluminum foil, and bake at 300° for 1 hour. Uncover pan, and remove cups from water. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes. Serve warm with Orange Cream. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: If you don't have custard cups, baked fudge can be prepared in a greased 9" square pan. Cover and bake in water bath 1 hour and 15 to 20 minutes. Spoon into dessert dishes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts