Baked Fruit Turnovers
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 cup canned cherry, apple, or peach fruit filling
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Cut each piecrust into 6 wedges. Combine fruit filling and pecans; spoon evenly in center of 6 wedges. Top with remaining wedges.
- Moisten edges of pastry with water, pressing to seal, and crimp edges with a fork. Place turnovers on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over warm turnovers. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- Fried Method: Pour vegetable oil to depth of 1" into a heavy Dutch oven. Fry turnovers, in batches, in hot oil over medium-high heat about 3 to 4 minutes or until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Fruit Turnovers Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This