Always a favorite at our brunches. Easy to make.
Baked French Toast with Pecan Streusel
Photo: Howard L. Puckett; Styling: Lindsey Ellis Beatty
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
More From Coastal Living
Chill Time: 8 Hours
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pecan Streusel
- Maple syrup
- 1. Arrange bread slices in a greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- 2. Combine eggs and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl, whisking until well blended. Pour egg mixture over bread. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle Pecan Streusel over bread slices. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until slightly puffed and golden. Serve with maple syrup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads