Baked French Toast Casserole
Great for brunch!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 loaf(s) French Bread sliced into inch slices
- 8 Large eggs
- 2 cup(s) half-and-half
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- dash(es) salt
- Praline Topping- recipe follows
- Arrange slices of bread in a generously buttered 9x13 inch flat baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping the slices. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half & half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Beat with a rotary beater until blended but not too bubbly. Pour mixture over the bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly with the milk -egg mixture. Spoon some of the mixture in between the slices. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Praline Topping:
- 2 sticks (1/2 Lb.) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Mix all ingredients together and then spread evenly over the bread.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup
This recipe is a personal recipe added by annesmusic and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note