Baked Four-Cheese Spaghetti with Italian Sausage
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours, 25 Minutes
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 pound Italian sausage (about 4 links)
- 1 (8-oz.) container refrigerated prechopped onion-and-bell pepper mix
- 2 teaspoons jarred minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (24-oz.) jar fire-roasted tomato and garlic pasta sauce
- 1 (16-oz.) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8-oz.) package shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 ounces fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta in boiling salted water in a large Dutch oven according to package directions. Drain and return to pan.
- 2. Meanwhile, brown sausage, bell pepper mix, and garlic in oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain. Stir meat mixture, pasta sauce, and Cheddar cheese into pasta. Spoon half of pasta mixture into a lightly greased 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Combine mozzarella cheese and fontina cheese. Sprinkle half of mozzarella mixture over pasta mixture in slow cooker. Top with remaining pasta mixture, remaining mozzarella mixture, and Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook on Low 3 hours. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This