I've made this recipe several times. Perfect as/is and is company worthy. Delicious.
Baked Fish with Roasted Potatoes, Tomatoes, and Salmoriglio Sauce
Here's a one-dish main course that can be served directly from the dish in which it's baked. You can make the roasted-potato mixture and tomato topping up to an hour ahead. Just cover them with foil and keep warm before finishing the dish. Most any firm white fish will work here - try orange roughy, mahimahi, or amberjack if sea bass isn't avalaible.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 379
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 37.2g
- Carbohydrate: 34.2g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Iron: 4.6mg
- Sodium: 892mg
- Calcium: 145mg
- 6 cups peeled red potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch slices (about 2 pounds)
- 4 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 2 small bulbs)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 6 (6-ounce) sea bass fillets or other firm white fish fillets
- Lemon rind strips (optional)
- Salmoriglio Sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine the potatoes, sliced fennel, 2 teaspoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish; toss gently to coat. Bake at 450° for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a medium nonstick skillet. Add fennel seeds and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, wine, 4 tablespoons parsley, orange rind, oregano, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle fillets with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Arrange fillets over potato mixture; spread tomato mixture over fillets. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons parsley; garnish with lemon rind strips, if desired. Serve with Salmoriglio Sauce.
- (Totals include Salmoriglio Sauce)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Fish with Roasted Potatoes, Tomatoes, and Salmoriglio Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes