Baked Fish (Cod) and Rice
Simple-to-fix meal-in-one: fish and rice are a tasty change of pace from traditional meat-and-potatoes. From Jo Groth: Plainfield, Iowa. Recipe published in Quick Cooking March/April 1998.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 3 cup(s) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can(s) (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1 pound(s) cod
- 1 dash(es) paprika
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- • In a large saucepan, combine the broth, rice, Italian seasoning and garlic powder, bring to a boil. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Add the broccoli, Parmesan cheese and half of the onions. Top with fish fillets; sprinkle with paprika.
- • Cover and bake 20-25 minutes longer or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese and remaining onions. Return to the oven for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note