Great flavor and good for you kale - great option to the same old spinach that people put into everything! I used crumbled light feta, and only 4-6 ounces, added some salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
Baked Feta with Kale Pesto on Baguette
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) feta cheese, drained and patted dry
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the baking dish
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried rosemary
- 1 bunch(es) kale, thick stems removed, leaves roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) unsalted pine nuts, toasted
- 1 clove(s) garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 whole wheat or traditional baguette, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place feta in a small oiled casserole dish with rosemary scattered on top. Bake until warm throughout, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, pulse kale, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. With motor running, drizzle in oil and lemon juice to make a pesto. Spoon pesto around feta and bake 5 minutes more. Serve with baguette slices.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note