Great flavor and good for you kale - great option to the same old spinach that people put into everything! I used crumbled light feta, and only 4-6 ounces, added some salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
Baked Feta with Kale Pesto on Baguette
- 8 ounce(s) feta cheese, drained and patted dry
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the baking dish
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried rosemary
- 1 bunch(es) kale, thick stems removed, leaves roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) unsalted pine nuts, toasted
- 1 clove(s) garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 whole wheat or traditional baguette, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place feta in a small oiled casserole dish with rosemary scattered on top. Bake until warm throughout, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, pulse kale, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. With motor running, drizzle in oil and lemon juice to make a pesto. Spoon pesto around feta and bake 5 minutes more. Serve with baguette slices.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note