- 2 quarts water
- 4 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 2 medium bulbs)
- 1 cup thinly sliced bottled roasted red bell peppers
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- calories 96
- fat 5.5 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- protein 3.7 g
- carbohydrate 8.6 g
- fiber 2.7 g
- cholesterol 16 mg
- iron 0.7 mg
- sodium 391 mg
- calcium 131 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add fennel; cook 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Combine fennel and roasted red bell peppers in a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray; toss well. Drizzle with melted butter, and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Top with cheese. Bake at 400° for 17 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
Note: To quickly slice fennel, use a food processor with a slicing attachment. To slice by hand, cut off the stalks, and cut the bulb in half from the top through the bottom. Place each half cut side down, and slice crosswise.