Baked Eggs with Tomatoes and Parmesan
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 258
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 390mg
- Sodium: 728mg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces (plus more for buttering dishes)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 8 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Butter four baking dishes no more than 1-inch deep and large enough to hold two eggs. Rub insides and bottoms of each baking dish with half a clove of garlic, pressing hard. Discard garlic.
- 2. Divide 2 Tbsp. butter evenly among baking dishes and sprinkle with thyme. Spoon in equal amounts of tomato sauce. Use back of a spoon to form 2 indentations in tomato sauce and break 1 egg in each. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- 3. Place dishes on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until egg whites are opaque and yolks are firm around edges, 13 to 15 minutes. Serve hot.
This recipe was previously published in All You, Back to School Special, July 2013.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes