Baked Eggs in Tomato Cups
Community Recipe from
- 1 pinch(s) love
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Slice off the tops of each tomato, and using a sharp knife, gently cut around the inside perimeter of each tomato and scoop out the seeds, taking care not to pierce through the flesh. Place the tomatoes and their tops in an oven-proof baking dish.
- Depending on the size of your tomatoes, place about 1-2 tablespoons of the Feta cheese and a pinch of dill in the bottom of each. Break an egg into each tomato, top with another small pinch of dill and then drizzle each egg with 1 teaspoon of melted butter. Place the tomatoes into the oven and bake for 12 minutes. They will just begin to set during this time.
- After 12 minutes, remove the eggs from the oven and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Bake for another 10-12 minutes, or until the whites and yolks are cooked to your liking.
- Remove the eggs from the oven and let sit for about 2 minutes. To serve, sprinkle with salt and pepper and garnish with more fresh dill.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jenniferld87 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Eggs in Tomato Cups Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch
More Recipes for Main Dishes