I'm not sure if I used the wrong rolls, but this recipe had too much bread for my liking. If I try it again, I am going to look for smaller rolls.
Baked Eggs in Bread Bowls
Photo: Mark Thomas; Styling: Lynn Miller
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 191
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 219mg
- Sodium: 465mg
- 8 crusty dinner rolls
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed herbs, such as parsley, chives and tarragon
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Slice off top of each dinner roll and gently remove some bread until there is a hole large enough to accommodate an egg. Arrange rolls on a rimmed baking sheet. Reserve tops.
- 2. Crack an egg into each roll, then top with some herbs and a bit of cream. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- 3. Bake until eggs are set and bread is toasted, 20 to 25 minutes. After eggs have cooked for 20 minutes, place bread tops on baking sheet and bake until golden brown. Let sit 5 minutes. Place tops on rolls and serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This