Baked Eggplant and Pasta
Since the flesh of an eggplant discolors rapidly, the eggplant should be cut just before it's baked.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 297
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 18.5g
- Carbohydrate: 42.8g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 677mg
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fiber: 5.0g
- Calcium: 273mg
- 4 cups cubed peeled eggplant (about 1 small)
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/4 cups (6 ounces) uncooked rotini (corkscrew-shaped pasta)
- 2 cups low-fat pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) pre-shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place eggplant in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Remove eggplant from oven, and reduce oven temperature to 400°.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- Spread 1/4 cup pasta sauce in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. (Layer will be thin.) Arrange pasta over sauce. Top with eggplant and spoonfuls of cottage cheese. Spoon remaining pasta sauce over top. Cover loosely with foil, and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and bake an additional 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note