- 1 pound lump or flake crab meat, drained
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 8 slices bread, toasted and crushed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
How to Make It
Combine first 7 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; mix well, and set aside.
Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour and salt, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add 1 cup milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove sauce from heat.
Spoon sauce into crab meat mixture, mixing well. Add toast crumbs, reserving 1/4 cup; mix well. Stir in mayonnaise.
Fill 12 crab shells or 6-ounce custard cups with crab meat mixture; sprinkle reserved toast crumbs on top. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Serve immediately.