Baked Crab Dip
This exquisite dip, creamy and delicious, looks fancy, but is easy to make. The bread can be filled earlier and refrigerated until 1-1/2 hours before serving. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Recipe published in Down the Aisle Country-Style.
- 1 8-ounce package(s) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cup(s) (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 6-ounce can(s) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 2 cups flaked imitation crabmeat
- 2 cup(s) (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 round loaves (1 pound each) unsliced sourdough or Italian bread
- Additional sliced green onions, optional
- Assorted crackers
- • In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream; mix well. Fold in crab, cheese and onions. Cut the top third off each loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottoms, leaving 1-in. shells. Cube removed bread and tops; set aside. Spoon crab mixture into bread bowls. Place on baking sheets. Place reserved bread cubes in a single layer around bread bowls.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until the dip is heated through. Garnish with green onions if desired. Serve with toasted bread cubes and crackers. Yield: 40 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note