I agree with Michelle S that the dish is tasteless. Dish did not need the additional chicken broth, it tuned the couscous to mush.
Baked Couscous with Summer Squash and Herbs
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 161
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 8.1g
- Carbohydrate: 19.9g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 351mg
- Calcium: 112mg
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced yellow squash (about 2 small)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bring 1 cup chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in uncooked couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add squash, onions, basil, oregano, and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until squash is tender. Set aside.
- Combine fontina and Parmigiano-Reggiano; set aside. Combine couscous, squash mixture, and half of cheese mixture in a large bowl; stir in remaining chicken broth, egg substitute, salt, and pepper. Spoon mixture into an 8 x 8-inch baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining cheese mixture. Bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables