- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced yellow squash (about 2 small)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 114
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 1.9 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- monofat 0.4 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 5.6 g
- carbohydrate 18.5 g
- fiber 1.6 g
- cholesterol 5 mg
- iron 0.6 mg
- sodium 225 mg
- calcium 51 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Place 1 cup broth in a medium saucepan. Cover pan and bring to a boil. Gradually stir in uncooked couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan heavily with cooking spray. Add squash and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add onions, basil, and oregano; sauté 2 minutes or until squash is tender. Remove from heat.
Combine cheeses in a small bowl. Add couscous and half of cheese mixture to squash mixture; stir in remaining chicken broth, egg substitute, salt, and pepper. Spoon mixture into an 8inch square glass or ceramic baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining half of cheese mixture.
Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Young Chefs can:
Pull basil and oregano leaves off stems
Older Chefs can:
Help add couscous and cheese to squash mixture