Baked Country-Cured Ham
- 1 (12- to 15-pound) country ham
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Place ham in a very large container; cover with cold water, and soak overnight. Remove ham from water and drain. Scrub ham thoroughly with a stiff brush, and rinse well with cold water.
- Replace ham in container, and cover with fresh cold water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 to 6 hours, allowing 25 minutes per pound. Turn ham occasionally during cooking time. Cool. Carefully remove ham from water; remove skin.
- Place ham, fat side up, on a cutting board; score fat in a diamond design. Place ham, fat side up, in a shallow roasting pan. Combine remaining ingredients, mixing well. Coat exposed portion of ham with glaze. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30 minutes. Transfer to serving platter; slice ham thinly.
- Note: Leftover ham may be refrigerated for later use.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes