Tarter sauce is awesome! Fish batter is good but maybe a tiny bit bland. Easy recipe. Husband loved it.
Baked Cornmeal-Crusted Grouper Sandwich with Tartar Sauce
Oven-frying grouper fillets in a cornmeal batter gives the fish its crispy exterior. For a little extra crunch, try adding slaw on the sandwich.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 443
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 14.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 6.6g
- Protein: 38.5g
- Carbohydrate: 38.3g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 961mg
- Calcium: 110mg
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets
- Cooking spray
- Tartar sauce:
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons capers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Additional ingredient:
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns, split
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- To prepare grouper, combine cornmeal, salt, and red pepper in a shallow dish, stirring well with a fork. Place milk in a shallow bowl.
- Dip each fillet in milk; dredge in cornmeal mixture. Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until fish is done, turning once.
- To prepare tartar sauce, combine mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients (mayonnaise through Worcestershire), stirring with a whisk.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons tartar sauce over cut sides of each bun; place one fish fillet on bottom half of each bun. Top fillets with the remaining bun halves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches