Baked Cod with Mushrooms
Delicious and a perfect low-carb light dish. If sensitive to spicy foods, use a bit less jalapeno. From Kim Thomas: Monahans, Texas. Editor’s Notes: This recipe was tested with McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning. Look for it in the spice aisle. We recommend wearing disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers. Avoid touching your face. Recipe published in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008.
- 5 small fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped onion
- 3 teaspoon(s) butter, divided
- 2 cod fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon(s) dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- • In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, jalapeno and onion in 2 teaspoons butter until tender. Place fillets in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper, steak seasoning and bread crumbs. Top with mushroom mixture. Divide remaining butter and place on each fillet.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note