Community Recipe from
- 3 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 whole(s) shallot minced
- 1 whole(s) garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh thyme minced
- 3/4 cup(s) panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh flat leaf parsley minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 1 whole(s) egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon zest grated
- 4 whole(s) skinless cod fillets 1 - 1 1/2" thick
- 1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat to 300. Set a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet and spray with vegetable oil spray (or brush with olive oil).
- 2. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and ½ teaspoon kosher salt and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add panko and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring constantly until evenly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Let cool.
- 3. Whisk mayonnaise, egg yolk, lemon zest and ¼ teaspoon pepper together in a bowl. Pat fish dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Coat tops of fillets with mayonnaise mixture. Dredge the coated side of each fillet in the panko mixture, pressing gently to adhere. Place the fillets crumb side up on the wire rack.
- 4. Bake until centers are opaque and the fish registers 135 degrees, 30-40 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Cod Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes